Out of all the viruses, Trojan Horse Virus is the one, which tricks you by looking genuine and helpful. It is one virus that does not replicate itself. Instead, it gets hidden into the system and slowly it damages the files and documents disguised.
Trojans are malicious programs that perform actions that have not been authorized by the user. These actions can include:
- Deleting data
- Blocking data
- Modifying data
- Copying data
- Disrupting the performance of computers or computer networks
What problems do they pose?
- Illicit access to the infected system
- Electronic money theft
- Allows hacker to keep an eye on your system
- Steal away your data, including all the personal information and confidential files
- Formatting of discs
- Automatic spamming
- Crashing of computer
How to spot Trojan horse virus?
In the ever growing internet activities, Trojan virus is being developed for all kinds of devices connected to the internet. Be it your smart phones or your tablets, everything is at risk now.Take these precautions to avoid trojan virus getting into your system before you can act against them.
- Be very cautious of the files having extensions such as .exe, .vbs, and .bat
- Create a firewall security by installing a reliable firewall
- Get an anti-virus software
- Continuously create backups to protect your data
- Get aware of the hidden extensions sneaking around.
- Make sure you know the source of every file you download.
How to remove Trojan manually?
By following some easy and quick steps, you can extract this harmful thing out of your system:
As it has been said earlier, identify the Trojan. As soon as your system displays DLL error, copy the error and search about the infected file online. Then, cease the ‘system restore’ function. After that, just restart your system, press F8 and go for safe mode to start the computer. Move to control panel. In ‘add or remove’ programs, get rid of all the infected files with Trojan.
Now, safely remove the extensions with the help of online virus removal support. Discard the files from Windows System folder.
After you have done the above, restart the system in normal mode and we are done with the process or you can get online antivirus support from various service providers who can fix your Trojan virus related issues within a short span of time.